Spot Removal Steps From Chem-Dry of Summerville
1. Act Quickly! Most carpeting available in homes today have been treated with a stain-resistant treatment, so many spots and spills can be removed if immediate action is taken. The longer you wait, the higher the likelihood of that spot or spill becoming a permanent stain on your floors. Remember, that staining can be influenced by several factors, and no carpet is completely stain proof.
2. Blot liquids with a white, dry, absorbent cloth or paper toweling that does not include any printing.
3. Do not scrub the area! Scrubbing the affected location may cause pile distortion to the area. Continue to use paper towels or a dry cloth until the area is completely dry. For semi-solid spills, gently scrape up what you can with a rounded spoon. Solid spills should be broken up and vacuumed until completely removed. If the spot can be identified, locate the substance in the spot removal computer and follow the directions carefully.
4. Pretest any spot removal agent in an inconspicuous area to be certain the solution will not damage the carpet fiber or the dye. After applying several drops to the testing area, hold down a dry, white cloth onto the wet area for several seconds. Then examine the carpet and the cloth for any color change, color transfer, or damage to the carpet. If you notice that a change occurs, you should then select another cleaning solution to try.
5. Apply a small amount of the selected cleaning solution to a dry, white cloth and gently work it in.
6. Work from the edges of the spill to the center to prevent the spill from spreading. Do not scrub the affected area! Blot to absorb as much of the stain as possible, and repeat if necessary.
7. Continue using the first cleaning solution as long as there is a transfer of the spill to the cloth. It is not necessary to use all of the cleaning solutions if the first solution successfully removes the spill.
8. Be patient! Completely removing the spot or spill may require repeating the same step multiple times. Do not continue to step 9 until the stain has been completely removed.
9. Rinse the affected area thoroughly with cold water, and blot with a dry cloth until all of the solution has been removed. Some cleaning solutions will cause rapid soiling if the solution is not completely removed.
10. Apply a one-half inch layer of white paper towels to the affected area, and weigh down with a flat, heavy object. Continue to change the paper towels as needed. A dry, absorbent, cleaning compound may also be used as a substitute to accelerate the drying time.
Arm your home with Chem-Dry World Famous® Spot Remover for Water-Based Spills and World Famous® Grease & Oil Remover for oil-based spots. Call the spot removal experts at Chem-Dry of Summerville today at (843) 797-1025 to order with your next carpet cleaning appointment.
For more detailed information on a specific Summerville spot or spill in your home, please call Chem-Dry of Summerville at (843) 797-1025 to see how we can help. Many fiber manufacturers also provide a toll-free cleaning assistance and advice hotline.
- Carpet Care Tips From Chem-Dry of Summerville
- Basic Rug Care with Chem-Dry of Summerville
- Fix Filtration Soiling With Help From Chem-Dry of Summerville
- Spot Removal Steps From Chem-Dry of Summerville
- Urine Odor Removal Tips With Chem-Dry of Summerville
- Wool Carpet Care Tips From Chem-Dry of Summerville
$119 Carpet CleaningThree areas cleaned for $119 Coupon Code, f399Expires: Regularly priced at $165. Cannot be combined with any other offer/special, call for more details. Maximum of 625 sq ft. HCE Cleaning MethodChem-Dry of Summerville
Spot Removal Steps From Chem-Dry of Summerville in Other SC Cities
- Goose Creek
- Moncks Corner
- North Charleston